INDIANAPOLIS (August 4, 2021) – BioCrossroads 2021 Virtual Indiana Life Sciences Summit will feature global life sciences and healthcare thought leaders who will discuss how inclusion and collaboration have changed in the two industries over the last year. The conference is Wednesday, Oct. 13 and the live stream kicks off at 10:00 a.m.
Life sciences and healthcare industry speakers include:
- Dr. Freda Lewis-Hall, former chief patient officer and executive vice president of Pfizer, Inc./consultant at PhRMA
- Dr. Virginia A. Caine, director, Marion County Public Health Department
- Dennis Murphy, president and CEO, IU Health
- Dr. Peter Kim, director, Therapeutics Research Program, Division of AIDS, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health
- Dr. Anthony Philippakis, chief data scientist, Broad Institute
- Dr. Richard DiMarchi, distinguished professor of Chemistry and Gill Chair in Biomolecular Sciences, Indiana University
Keynotes will be followed by moderated panel discussions with other thought leaders from industry and academia and the annual Watanabe Life Sciences Champion of the Year will be awarded to an influential and innovative Hoosier.
The Summit is presented by Cook Medical, Elanco, Eli Lilly and Company and WCG Trifecta.
More information and registration are available at www.biocrossroads.com.
BioCrossroads is Indiana’s initiative to grow, advance and invest in the life sciences, a public-private collaboration that supports the region’s existing research and corporate strengths while encouraging new business development. BioCrossroads invests capital and provides support to life sciences businesses, launches new life sciences enterprises (Indiana Biosciences Research Institute, 16 Tech, Indiana Health Information Exchange, Fairbanks Institute for Healthy Communities, BioCrossroadsLINX, OrthoWorx and Datalys Center), expands collaboration and partnerships among Indiana’s life science institutions, promotes science education and markets Indiana’s life sciences industry.