BioCrossroads announces New Venture Competition finalistsOctober 3, 2017
INDIANAPOLIS (Oct. 3, 2017) — BioCrossroads announces the five finalists for its life sciences start up business plan competition. Since 2012, the New Venture competition has awarded more than $300,000 to 20 startup companies, which have been able to secure over $26.5 million in follow-on funding.
The BioCrossroads New Venture Competition was open to life sciences (biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic, ag-biotech) and health information technology companies holding a substantial nexus to Indiana. Five finalists will compete for a total of $50,000 in awards on Oct. 9 during the 2017 Indiana Life Sciences Summit:
- Indiana Lysis Technologies is a product based discovery company with core-competency in nanoparticle drug delivery seeking to initially commercialize a patent-pending clot dissolving technology. (Indiana University)
- Inscope Medical Solutions is a medical device company focused on developing low cost, disposable, connected medical devices.
- LIGHTSPRITE specializes in design, manufacturing and sales of nanoparticle characterization systems using Light Transmission Spectroscopy (LTS). (University of Notre Dame)
- LoDos Theranostics is a development stage oncology company developing a “first in class” UVA therapy for deep tumors. (Purdue University)
- The Bee Corp’s mission is to mitigate beehive loss through data analytics and software development. (Indiana University)
In addition to a cash prize of $25,000 and exposure to hundreds of influencers at the Summit, the winner of the competition will have access to the Indiana Seed Fund (ISF) staff and the fund’s network of resources to provide business planning and early-stage strategic support. They will also have the opportunity to make a presentation to the ISF investment committee for added exposure. Second and third place companies will be awarded cash prizes of $15,000 and $10,000 respectively.
All winners will be announced at the Indiana Life Sciences Summit Networking Reception at the JW Marriott Hotel in Indianapolis on Oct. 9, 2017. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, VisionTech Partners, LLC, Sodalis Consulting, Metazoa Brewing Company, Halo Capitol Group and 16 Tech sponsored the Competition.
BioCrossroads (www.biocrossroads.com) is Indiana’s initiative to grow, advance and invest in the life sciences, a public-private collaboration that supports the region’s existing research and corporate strengths while encouraging new business development. BioCrossroads provides money and support to life sciences businesses, launches new life sciences enterprises (Indiana Biosciences Research Institute, Indiana Health Information Exchange, Fairbanks Institute for Healthy Communities, BioCrossroadsLINX, OrthoWorx and Datalys Center), expands collaboration and partnerships among Indiana’s life science institutions, promotes science education and markets Indiana’s life sciences industry.