Indiana Agbiosciences Innovation Summit to highlight research advancements and industry convergenceOctober 31, 2017
INDIANAPOLIS (Oct. 31, 2017) – AgriNovus Indiana announces the agenda and speakers for the 2017 Indiana Agbiosciences Innovation Summit “Creating a Movement” presented by Dow AgroSciences and Elanco Animal Health on Nov. 29, 2017 in Indianapolis.
“The caliber of speakers and participants at the Summit this year is a testament to the continual research advancements being made in the agbiosciences, as well as the convergence and collaborations between the agbiosciences and the tech, life sciences and advanced manufacturing industries,” Beth Bechdol, president and CEO of AgriNovus Indiana, said.
The daylong program will feature a number of local and national speakers along with three panel discussions. The morning will highlight the importance of global agbiosciences research and the cuttingedge advancements in the sector. Eric Weiner, author of New York Times best-seller The Geography of Genius, will be the luncheon keynote speaker and will examine the connection between our surroundings and our most innovative ideas.
The afternoon sessions will cover topics on how courageous leadership from a diverse group of stakeholders and partners will ensure a sustainable future; how to attract the best talent to collaborate, innovate and commercialize new ideas; and how innovators and investors can allocate capital, build partnerships and change the landscape in the food and agriculture technology sectors.
- Governor Eric Holcomb
- David Broecker, consultant and entrepreneur
- Robert Coy, CEO,16 Tech
- Greg Deason, senior vice president and director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Purdue University
- Gerry Dick, host, Inside INdiana Business
- Rainer Fischer, CEO and chief scientific and innovation officer, Indiana Biosciences Research Institute
- Tyler Foxworthy, chief scientist, DemandJump
- Rajan Gajaria, vice president, Crop Protection Business Platform, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont
- Steve Kahn, founder and chief financial officer, NewLeaf Symbiotics
- John Lechleiter, chairman emeritus, Eli Lilly and Company
- Victor Mancinelli, chairman and CEO, CTB, Inc.
- John McDonald, CEO, ClearObject
- Chris LaMothe, CEO, Elevate Ventures
- Johnny Park, CEO and founder, Spensa Technologies
- Sonny Ramaswamy, director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- Aaron Schacht, vice president of Global Research & Development, Elanco Animal Health
- Jim Schultz, founder and chairman, Open Prairie Ventures
- Ali Shakouri, director Birck Nanotechnology Center and professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University
- Jeff Simmons, president, Elanco Animal Health
- Monica Sorribas, program management leader for Seeds Platform, Agriculture Division, DowDuPont
- Eric Weiner, author, New York Times best-seller The Geography of Genius
The Summit brings together over 250 attendees from diverse backgrounds and sectors as well as representatives from several Indiana colleges and universities.
The Summit will take place at the JW Marriott in downtown Indianapolis on Nov. 29, 2017 with registration at 9 a.m., program from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and a networking reception to follow. The attendee fee is $49 and pre-registration for the Summit closes Nov. 22 with on-site registration available for the same price.
Sponsors of the conference include Dow AgroSciences, Elanco Animal Health, Indiana Humanities Council, Ice Miller LLP, Huntington University, First Farmers Bank & Trust, Barnes & Thornburg, Bose McKinney & Evans, Elevate Ventures, Purdue Foundry, Gutwein Popcorn Company, GeoSilos, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Sikich, FLM+, LDI Ltd., and ClearObject.
About AgriNovus Indiana AgriNovus Indiana is the State’s food and agriculture innovation initiative focused on advancing the sector as a nationally recognized leader through strategic collaboration among corporations, industry associations, government and universities; the creation and support of new companies; as well as branding and targeted promotions to elevate the sector. AgriNovus Indiana is part of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), an effort dedicated to Indiana’s continued prosperity and growth. Contact AgriNovus Indiana to learn more.