Nominate an exceptional Indiana employee for TechPoint’s Tech 25 Class of 2018May 31, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS (May 31, 2018) — Now in its fourth year, the Tech 25 Awards honor a prestigious selection of twenty-five individuals who are critical and exceptional performers helping to grow our community’s tech and tech-enabled companies, but who — not being the CEO or other top executives — don’t get celebrated publicly as often.
Executives are invited to nominate one exceptional individual from their organization with a title role below CEO, CFO, COO, CIO or CTO, etc. Only twenty-five individuals will be selected for this year’s Tech 25 Class of 2018.
TechPoint created the Tech 25 Awards to help showcase and celebrate Indiana’s rising tech stars. We’re doing it on a national stage again on Thursday, August 16, in conjunction with the second annual Indy Women in Tech LPGA Championship during a special event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Tech 25 winners represent a wide range of roles within tech companies, such as software developers, financial analysts, marketing directors, and product managers. Winners will be selected from three main role categories, reinforcing the core roles that building product and building revenue play:
Example job titles and disciplines include: Software Development, Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Security Operations, Product Management, Technical Support, UI/IX Design/Development, Data Science & Analytics
Tech Sales and Marketing
Example job titles and disciplines include: Sales, Business Development, Revenue & Growth Management, Customer/Client Success, Communications, Marketing, Events, Engagement
Tech Professional Services
Example job titles and disciplines include: Human Resources, Finance, Audit & Risk Management, Operations, Project Management, Strategic Planning
In addition to being star performers and committed team players, nominees should also be excellent community contributors. The main factors the judges will be looking for are: professional contributions, energy and attitude, and community commitment.
- Consider the extent of a nominee’s capabilities and professional impact. A nominee’s role(s), skills, and impact should be well articulated.
- Consideration should also be given to nominees demonstrating abilities to grow and adapt professionally as well as to make others around them better and more capable.
Energy & Attitude
- In addition to considering what a nominee has contributed professionally, look for references to how the nominee conducts herself or himself. Exceptional candidates achieve great things while maintaining great energy and attitude that positively impact and inspire those around her/him to do the same.
- Look for explanation in the nomination of what really makes a nominee an outstanding individual.
- Consider a nominee’s commitment to and impact outside the workplace. Look for compelling commitment to and impact on the tech community, civic community, family, schools, nonprofit organizations, etc.
- Exceptional nominees will have at least one “passion project” that makes an impact bigger than self.
The nomination deadline is Friday, June 29, 2018. Nominations must be submitted by a company executive, and only one nomination from an organization will be considered for the Tech 25 Awards.
A panel of independent judges, including past winners, will review applications and select this year’s class. The Tech 25 Class of 2018 will be announced publicly on July 24, on TechPoint Index. Visit the Tech 25 Awards page at TechPoint.org to view the Tech 25 Classes from 2015, 2016, and 2017 and to start thinking about who your company wants to nominate before the deadline on June 29, 2018.
To make the event possible, employers are invited to participate through a Tech 25 Awards Winner Supporter Sponsorship. To receive a Tech 25 Awards Winner Employer Package, Contact Lauren Petersen, senior director of relationship management for TechPoint, at email@example.com, or call her at 260-273-1855 for more information.
TechPoint is the nonprofit, industry-led growth accelerator for Indiana’s technology companies and overall tech ecosystem. The team is focused on attracting talent, accelerating scale-up companies, activating the community, and amplifying stories of success. For more, visit www.techpoint.org.